Proton Experience

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

California Christmas


We spent an unusual Christmas day which included a visit with Sulley Monster and a very scary "Twilight Zone" elevator ride (See above). The elevator ride drops you about 6 floors and this picture was taken near the middle of that drop. Ruth tells me that the gentleman in the lower left is flashing the gang sign "22" on the way down. I wouldn't know as I was just trying to keep my lunch down.

We also went to the Ontario mall the day after Christmas, what a crush of people. When we left around 1:00 pm you could hardly walk in the hallways there were so many people. Some of the cash register lines had 30-40 people waiting. Ruth commented that her ears were ringing after we left because of all the noise. There is a safety minute here, leave Randy at home next time.

The weather was great for Karen's visit, warm enough for her to soak up some sunshine. We really enjoyed her visit, she is a lot of fun. She had an interesting experience as she was leaving as someone attempted to steal her coat at the airport. She got the attention of security personnel and was able to recover her coat. I was proud of how well she handled the situation.

Treatment number 18 is complete. This one was not smooth as they had to recalibrate the machine a couple of times during the treatment. I had to lie very still for about 20 minutes, which I am told is not my strength. However, I was glad to get done as one of the other "gantry's" was down all morning due to technical problems and those patients were stacking up in the waiting room as I was heading out.

Ruth headed out today to visit the Ligotti's in San Diego for a couple of days. Being frugal I decided not to rent a car while she gone but would ride the bike instead. I just did the clock arithmetic for the morning treatment and I am currently questioning my judgment on this issue. I do recall, however, there is a good donut shop between here and the hospital.

We sure enjoy the comments and emails, thank you for making us smile.

7 Comments:

  • I love the picture of you and Karen and the big turquoise guy. If I didn't know better, I would think that you and Ruth were having a wonderful vacation somewhere. Your commentary on your treatments and the happenings of each day are extremely clever - I didn't know you had it in you!! Please say Hi to Ruth. Roy has been spending a little time at school getting ready for next week. I haven't taken any time off so my life is in its normal mundane rut. Glad that Karen got her coat back.
    Many congrats on Peter and Emily's wonderful news! That little Piper is such a doll. Just imagine two of them. We awoke to snow on the mountain tops today. The sun broke through around 2:30 or so this afternoon. Jesse and I walked by the house and waved at Molly. She just stared and didn't wave back. We are predicted to receive some snow tonight. I hope we get some because I want to snowshoe on New Years Day. Take care and keep up the good work. We miss you. Carol & Roy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 PM  

  • Hi Rand-a-rooski!
    Sounds like your progress is coming right along. It was great to see you guys over Thanksgiving break. I was in Wenatchee for a few days over Christmas - good to see the family.
    I ran into Mr. Hewitt at the Roaster - haven't seen him since 5th grade!
    Could you send the sunshine up this way for us? Say hi to Ruth, Em, Peter, and Piper.

    Corie Isaacson

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

  • Hi Mom and Dad,
    Thanks for the great vacation! I am denying the fact that I am back in rainy Seattle. I was laughing so hard because the coat debacle made it into the blog! I was so happy to visit you and see how great you both are doing.

    Miss and love you,
    Karen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

  • Hi Randy,

    I was wondering if you might be interested in talking with me for a story about your Proton Experience. I know a lot of people in town our keenly following your progress. If you would like to talk with me, please e-mail me back at mcniel@wenworld.com, or call 664-7152. Thanks. My thoughts are prayers are with you.
    Michelle McNiel (Wen World)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 AM  

  • Hey Dad! I just got caught up on the blog, how funny! I can't believe you actually knew the names of the Chilean dishes we had at the adventure race. Way to pay attention to the details! Thanks for lending us mom for a few days, she's been a great help. Piper woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and it was nice to be able to take a shower without a screaming toddler banging on the shower door.
    Well, maybe we'll see you this weekend..which would be next year! Love you, Em

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 AM  

  • What fun pictures of your holidays! I must say that the picture of you and Karen put a big smile on my face. We want to send you all our best wishes and we hoped you had a very Merry Christmas! Uncle Randy - I was laughing while reading that you decided on a bike while Aunt Ruth was away with the car.....because just last weekend I asked Grandma Ingebrigtson how the Green oldsmobile (1974??) was running (she is driving that as her primary car now) and she said it is running great and although alot of us may want it she has promised to adventually give it to you! WE had a good laugh about it!! So maybe she can let you borrow it next time aunt Ruth leaves town!

    All joking aside- we love you both alot and hope you are doing wonderful!

    May 2006 be a wonderful year to all!

    Love,
    Ryan, Shannon and Nikole

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 AM  

  • Randy,

    Great picture with the Sulley Monster (we are impressed that you knew his name).

    Excellent blog as well. The pictures of the proton equipment are especially interesting.

    Stephanie made her last trip to Spokane in December - everyone is glad it's over.

    The kids got legos for Christmas. You never know how dangerous they can be until you step on a pile of them - barefoot - in the dark!

    But, mainly we just wanted to let you know that we continue to think about you and pray for you ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home